Who is the Lesser Slave Watershed Council?
The Lesser Slave Watershed Council (LSWC) is a nonprofit, charitable organization whose mission is: to be a proactive organization working towards long term economic, social and environmental sustainability of the Lesser Slave watershed and its citizens. The LSWC is guided by a board of directors elected by members within the watershed.
What does the LSWC do?
- Report on the health of the Lesser watershed through State of the Watershed reporting, water quality monitoring and other technical projects.
- Provide watershed management recommendations to decision makers, including the Government of Alberta, municipalities, industry and other stakeholders through the development and implementation of an integrated watershed management plan for the basin.
- Promote watershed stewardship through diverse education and outreach programs for people of all ages.
- Work with the Government of Alberta to deliver Water for Life goals.
The Lesser Slave Watershed
(Click to Enlarge Image)
Upcoming Events and News
The LSWC is Hiring!
The LSWC is seeking an outgoing, motivated individual to fill the Watershed Education and Communication Coordinator Position.
Click here for the full Job description and details.
Call Meghan at (780) 523-9800 for more information or with any questions
Did you know that the LSWC is a member of the Water North Coalition?
Water North Coalition's Mission is:
To find and implement northern solutions to water sourcing and water challenges through:
- Public Education
- Attraction, retention & training
Vision: The group seeks to ensure, through collaboration, that sustainable water systems are available to every northern community.
Learn More HERE
Phone: (780) 523 9800
PO Box 2607
High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
@abLSWC on Twitter
©Copyright 2017 Lesser Slave Watershed Council. All Rights Reserved.