Who is the Lesser Slave Watershed Council?
The Lesser Slave Watershed Council (LSWC) is a nonprofit, charitable organization whose mission is: to be a proactive organization working towards long term economic, social and environmental sustainability of the Lesser Slave watershed and its citizens. The LSWC is guided by a board of directors elected by members within the watershed.
What does the LSWC do?
- Report on the health of the Lesser watershed through State of the Watershed reporting, water quality monitoring and other technical projects.
- Provide watershed management recommendations to decision makers, including the Government of Alberta, municipalities, industry and other stakeholders through the development and implementation of an integrated watershed management plan for the basin.
- Promote watershed stewardship through diverse education and outreach programs for people of all ages.
- Work with the Government of Alberta to deliver Water for Life goals.
The Lesser Slave Watershed
(Click to Enlarge Image)
Upcoming Events and News
Annual General Meeting - June 20, 2019 Call for Directors
The LSWC Annual General Meeting is on June 20, 2019 at the Boreal Center for Bird Conservation, north of Slave Lake, AB. We have Board Positions open, if you are passionate about the Lesser Slave Watershed and want to join our organization consider submitting your name for an available board seat!
In order to be a board member, you must be a member of the LSWC. Download the membership form HERE. All prospective board members must read and agree to the Board of Director Terms of Reference, download HERE. Once you've read and understand that, the last step is to complete you Board of Director Nomination Form, and join us at the AGM!
Available Board Positions:
- Oil & Gas Sector
- Oil and Gas Sector Alternate
- Trapper Alternate
- Forestry Sector
- Forest Sector Alternate
- Member at large
- Member at Large Alternate
- Commercial Fishermen
- Commercial Fisherman Alternate
Please Call Meghan Payne, our Executive Director at (780)523-9800 for more information.
Dinner will follow the meeting so please register ahead of time. CLICK HERE to Register
Phone: (780) 523 9800
PO Box 2607
High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
@abLSWC on Twitter
©Copyright 2017 Lesser Slave Watershed Council. All Rights Reserved.