Who is the Lesser Slave Watershed Council?
The Lesser Slave Watershed Council (LSWC) is a nonprofit, charitable organization whose mission is: to be a proactive organization working towards long term economic, social and environmental sustainability of the Lesser Slave watershed and its citizens. The LSWC is guided by a board of directors elected by members within the watershed.
What does the LSWC do?
- Report on the health of the Lesser watershed through State of the Watershed reporting, water quality monitoring and other technical projects.
- Provide watershed management recommendations to decision makers, including the Government of Alberta, municipalities, industry and other stakeholders through the development and implementation of an integrated watershed management plan for the basin.
- Promote watershed stewardship through diverse education and outreach programs for people of all ages.
- Work with the Government of Alberta to deliver Water for Life goals.
The Lesser Slave Watershed
(Click to Enlarge Image)
Upcoming Events and News
Annual General Meeting - June 20, 2019
The LSWC Annual General Meeting will be held on June 20, 2019 at the Boreal Center for Bird Conservation, north of Slave Lake, AB and we have Board Positions up for election. If you are passionate about the Lesser Slave Watershed and want to join our organization consider submitting your name for an available board seat.
In order to be a board member, you must first be an LSWC member. Download the membership form HERE
You must read and agree to the Board of Director Terms of Reference. Download HERE
Then You must complete a Board of Director Nomination form and attend the annual general meeting. Download Director Nomination form HERE.
Download the LSWC Society By Laws HERE
Available Board Positions Include:
- Oil & Gas Sector
- Oil and Gas Sector Alternate
- Trapper Alternate
- Forestry Sector
- Forest Sector Alternate
- Member at large
- Commercial Fishermen
- Commercial Fisherman Alternate
Please Call Meghan Payne, our Executive Director at (780)523-9800 for more information.
Dinner will follow the meeting so please register ahead of time. CLICK HERE to Register
Click HERE to register for the Workshop via Eventbrite.
Phone: (780) 523 9800
PO Box 2607
High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
@abLSWC on Twitter
©Copyright 2017 Lesser Slave Watershed Council. All Rights Reserved.