Who is the Lesser Slave Watershed Council?
The Lesser Slave Watershed Council (LSWC) is a non-profit dedicated to the promotion of long term economic, social and environmental sustainability of the Lesser Slave watershed for all its citizens. We are led by an elected board of directors of people representing various industries, First Nations, and Metis communities within our watershed.
What does the LSWC do?
- State of the Watershed reporting, water quality monitoring and other technical projects.
- Provide watershed management recommendations to decision makers, including the Government of Alberta, municipalities, industry and other stakeholders.
- Offer education and outreach programs for students and people of all ages.
- Work with the Government of Alberta to deliver Water for Life goals.
Slave Lake Forest Public Advisory Committee - Fire and Flood Public Meeting
This is an opportunity to join the Forest Companies, Alberta Agriculture and Forestry and other stakeholders to talk about the McMillian Wildfire, the 2019 Marten Beach Flood and the activities that the Forest sector are undertaking to manage and mitigate their impacts.
When: Nov 21, 2019 Dinner at 5:30, Meeting from 6:30-9:00pm
Where: Slave Lake Inn and conference Center - Medallion Room
Please register by November 12, 2019 so that we can inform catering of numbers and have appropriate seating.
- 5:30 - 6:30pm - Buffet dinner
- 6:30-6:35pm: House Keeping and Introductions
- 6:35-6:55pm: McMillan Fire Complex Update – Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, FMA holders
- 6:55- 7:30pm: Ahmad Asnaashari, Alberta Environment and Parks Hydrologist- Marten Beach Flooding from a Hydrology Perspective
- 7:30-7:50pm: Marten Beach Cottagers Impact Presentation
- 7:50- 8:10pm: MD of Lesser Slave River Update on Flood Recovery Efforts
- 8:10-8:20: Break
- 8:20-8:50pm: Panel Discussion regarding Marten Hills - All stakeholders
- 8:50-9:00pm: Closing Remarks, Adjourn
The LSWC's 2018 Tributary Water Quality Monitoring Report is HERE!
Phone: (780) 523 9800
PO Box 2607
High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
©Copyright 2017 Lesser Slave Watershed Council. All Rights Reserved.