The Lesser Slave Watershed Council (LSWC) is a non-profit, non-governmental, charitable organization that works to achieve the long term health and sustainability of the Lesser Slave Watershed. Since the passing of one of the LSWC’s founding members, Brian Elliott in May 2018, the LSWC has been accepting donations on his behalf to support ongoing watershed education and outreach. At our annual general meeting in October 2020, it was decided that these funds, along with donations made in memory of another LSWC founder, Brian Rosche, would be made into a bursary for local watershed residents. Recognized for their abilities to bring about the best in others, and engage with others in the protection of our region’s waterways, Mr. Elliot and Mr. Rosche’s work will be memorialized through the recipient of this scholarship.
We are now accepting applications for the Elliott & Rosche Memorial Bursary ($1000). This bursary will be awarded annually in the fourth week of June to a watershed resident furthering education in environmental and watershed related topics. The bursary will be awarded to a post-secondary student pursuing environmental sciences, biology, earth sciences, or a water focused program starting in September 2021. The application deadline for this opportunity is June 1st, 2021; any applications received after June 1st will be saved for consideration in the following year.
Eligibility Requirements for the Elliott & Rosche Memorial Bursary:
- Must be enrolled in a recognized program in Alberta
- Must be completing grade 12 at the time of application, or currently registered or attending a post secondary institution in Alberta
- Must have been a resident of the Lesser Slave Watershed for a minimum of one-year preceding the start of their program
- Must be enrolled in a program pursuing the sciences
- Include 2 letters of recommendation
- Include proof of enrollment
- Include proof of residency
- Complete the application, see below
- Include a brief personal essay, answering this question: How will this bursary support your academic pursuits? (750 words or less)
- Include a current resume
We ask that complete applications be sent to: Lesser Slave Watershed Council, Attn: Elliott & Rosche Memorial Bursary, PO Box 2607, High Prairie AB. T0G 1E0, or by email: [email protected].
Application Deadline for 2021 Bursary is June 1, 2021.
Download the Application HERE.
If you have questions or need assistance with your application, please contact the LSWC's Watershed Coordinator, Kate, at (780) 523-9800 or via email: [email protected]